Winter is moving along quickly, and we have been busy here at Shea AG. Seed has been coming in and filling our warehouse, with that we will be delivering soon. We have also been working on a variety of shop project. Some of the projects we have been working on have been liquid kits on planters, as well as building a new planter from scratch.
Testing your seed meters is an important task, and as we get closer to planting, we want to make sure they are in good working order. Now is the time to find any issues, not the first day of planting.
Shop projects have been steady for the month of January and February. Often, we get asked what type of planter projects do we do here at Shea AG. Over the years, the planter business has evolved. From Alpine liquid kits to adding Precision Planting and Yetter to our product line up. Planter technology has come along way in the last 15 years and continues to grow.
Here is a video to show you just some of the planter projects we do at Shea AG!
Don’t forget this week is the London farm Show! Jake and I will be working at the Precision Planting booth.
Welcome to 2020!
With 2019 behind us we drive forward into the New Year. On January 22, 2020 at the Western Fair District is the Precision Planting Winter Conference. This is a great local event to attend. They will be covering all the newest released products that Precision Planting has to offer, as well as the latest research.
Here’s a link to register for the event: Register Here or contact us and we will register for you.
We will also be attending the following shows over the next few months:
- Elgin SCIA AGM, January 16, 2020
- Lambton Soil & Crop, January 17, 2020
- Middlesex SCIA AGM, February 26, 2020
Shea AG will be having a booth at the following events, feel free to stop in and say hello to Jake
- Chatham-Kent Farm show, January 29-30, 2020
- Grain Farmers of Ontario March Classic, March 24, 2020
Just a reminder with spring around the corner Shea AG is testing corn meters and now is a great time to get yours done, stop in or give us a call to arrange testing.
Merry Christmas – From The Shea AG Team!
Rainy Day Newsletter
Attached is more information on Stalk Rots.
Good Afternoon, here at Shea AG we would like to inform you on a few of are fall products. The first product is the 5000 Stalk Devastator. As the Devastator rolls through the field, it knocks down stalks and crimps them, protecting equipment tires. It also allows for faster decomposition and microbial breakdown of residue. The second product we would like to also inform you on is the 360 Bullet Point. Surprisingly, your ripper is likely leaving 40% of the subsoil undisturbed. Dig and you’ll find berms of untouched soil that can impede root access to moisture and nutrients. We have both of these products in shop, allowing you to take a closer look at them and see how they work. Below you will find a video, images and a few key features on each of the ideas.
5000 Stalk Devastator
- Prevents damage to tires, tracks, wires, and hydraulic hoses on combines, trucks, tractors, and implements
- Knocks over and crushes stalks for faster decomposition and microbial breakdown of residue
- Preserves residue cover, reducing soil erosion and keeping stalks in place in windy conditions
- Quick and easy to install with mounting kits for most corn head models
- Features spring-loaded down pressure
- Solid steel construction ensures reliability and durability
- Rollers can be locked up for transport or when not in use
- STALK ROLLERS IN STOCK
- Bolts right on to most makes and models or rippers
- Breaks up compaction though out the entire soil profile
- Eliminate un-worked berms allowing more root access to nutrients
- Three models options to fit your soils
- Similar horsepower requirements compared to traditional ripper points
- Precision wing angle and pitch lifts soil without creating compaction under wing
- 360 BULLETS IN STOCK
The Ontario Yield Tour 2019
This year Shea Ag has sponsored the Ontario Yield Tour put on by Farms.com Risk Management team. Last year we took in the event, it was very informative and well worth the time. This year they have a lot of great speakers and live demonstrations that will be going on. National Corn grower winner Kevin Kalb will be speaking at the event. Kevin farms in Indiana where he was able to achieve 388 bushel/acre without irrigation last year. He farms very similar to Ontario farmers and will be sharing some of his secrets to success!
Along with sponsoring the event allowed us to also be apart of the 2-week yield tour where we can come and do yield checks in your corn and or soybean fields. If that is something you wish to be apart of let us know and we will come out conduct the yield checks. You will also be entered a draw to win various prizes.
Attached is a flyer going into more detail about the event, If you would like to attend let us know and we have can get you signed up.
Thank you again, we appreciate the continued support. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask away.