Merry Christmas – From The Shea AG Team!
Rainy Day Newsletter
Attached is more information on Stalk Rots.
Good Afternoon, here at Shea AG we would like to inform you on a few of are fall products. The first product is the 5000 Stalk Devastator. As the Devastator rolls through the field, it knocks down stalks and crimps them, protecting equipment tires. It also allows for faster decomposition and microbial breakdown of residue. The second product we would like to also inform you on is the 360 Bullet Point. Surprisingly, your ripper is likely leaving 40% of the subsoil undisturbed. Dig and you’ll find berms of untouched soil that can impede root access to moisture and nutrients. We have both of these products in shop, allowing you to take a closer look at them and see how they work. Below you will find a video, images and a few key features on each of the ideas.
5000 Stalk Devastator
- Prevents damage to tires, tracks, wires, and hydraulic hoses on combines, trucks, tractors, and implements
- Knocks over and crushes stalks for faster decomposition and microbial breakdown of residue
- Preserves residue cover, reducing soil erosion and keeping stalks in place in windy conditions
- Quick and easy to install with mounting kits for most corn head models
- Features spring-loaded down pressure
- Solid steel construction ensures reliability and durability
- Rollers can be locked up for transport or when not in use
- STALK ROLLERS IN STOCK
- Bolts right on to most makes and models or rippers
- Breaks up compaction though out the entire soil profile
- Eliminate un-worked berms allowing more root access to nutrients
- Three models options to fit your soils
- Similar horsepower requirements compared to traditional ripper points
- Precision wing angle and pitch lifts soil without creating compaction under wing
- 360 BULLETS IN STOCK
The Ontario Yield Tour 2019
This year Shea Ag has sponsored the Ontario Yield Tour put on by Farms.com Risk Management team. Last year we took in the event, it was very informative and well worth the time. This year they have a lot of great speakers and live demonstrations that will be going on. National Corn grower winner Kevin Kalb will be speaking at the event. Kevin farms in Indiana where he was able to achieve 388 bushel/acre without irrigation last year. He farms very similar to Ontario farmers and will be sharing some of his secrets to success!
Along with sponsoring the event allowed us to also be apart of the 2-week yield tour where we can come and do yield checks in your corn and or soybean fields. If that is something you wish to be apart of let us know and we will come out conduct the yield checks. You will also be entered a draw to win various prizes.
Attached is a flyer going into more detail about the event, If you would like to attend let us know and we have can get you signed up.
Thank you again, we appreciate the continued support. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask away.
Bayer Scholarship 2019
The Bayer Fund Opportunity Scholarship Program is available to Canadian high school students who are enrolled in their final year of high school as of May 31, 2019 and eligible to graduate from high school in 2019. Those eligible for a scholarship must be planning to enroll at a Canadian post secondary institution (degree or diploma) in a first-year agriculture, food science or culinary program.
If you have applied for entry into a college or university, but have not yet been accepted, you can still apply for a Bayer Fund Opportunity Scholarship. However, if you are awarded a scholarship, you must provide an acceptance letter from your educational institution.
Successful applicants will each be awarded a scholarship valued at $1,500, based on demonstrated academic standards and leadership in the community. Selection will be made by an independent panel.
How to Apply
Download, Print and Fill out the Application Form Monsanto Scholarship Application 2019
Gather the following items to submit:
• Your Completed Application Form
• Two References (excluding family members)
• One Reference Letter
• One Completed Farmer Nomination Form or Food Professional Nomination Form Farmer & Food professional Nomination Form
• University/College Acceptance Letter*
• Working Copy of High School Transcript
• Application Essay
Return your application (with all attachments) post-marked by May 31, 2019:
Bayer Fund Opportunity Scholarship
Bayer Crop Science
900 – One Research Road
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 6E3
NOTE: Please include PDF of application form, Word document of essay and scanned files of letters and transcripts.
Visit https://www.cropscience.bayer.ca/Our-Company/ScholarshipInformation/Opportunity-Scholarship for more information on the 2019 Bayer Fund Opportunity Scholarship program.